Principal Instructor – Ballet, Modern Dance, Pas de Deux
Huang Jun Shuang was born in China in 1988. He was trained at the Shanghai Dance School and graduated as a Honor Student. He has danced as a Principal Dancer with both the Houston Ballet and Guangzhou Ballet Theater. And he is a Guest Principal Dancer with Queensland Ballet.
Huang danced in the title roles in many full-length ballets including Swan Lake, Cinderella, La Bayadere, La Sylphide, Coppelia, Giselle, The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty. His pas de deux and contemporary repertoire including: Paquita, Variations for Four, Le Corsaire, Don Quixote, Diana & Actaeon, Raymonda, Forgotten land, TUTU, Diamonds, Les Patineurs, In the night, Indigo, Bolero, Divergence, The same of moon, Memory, This is life, Butterfly Lovers, The Yellow River, etc.
Trained in classical ballet, graduated from Shanghai Dance School (China) with honors
· Guest Principal Dancer of the Australia’s Queensland Ballet
· Former Principal Dancer of the Houston Ballet
· Former Principal Dancer of the Guangzhou Ballet Company (China)
· Winner of the 2008 Varna International Ballet Competition Award
· Winner of the 2009 Helsinki International Ballet Competition Award
· Special Jury Prize Finalist at the Prix de Lausanne International Dance Competition, Switzerland
· Winner of the Junior 3rd Place at the 2005 Asia-Pacific Ballet Competition, Japan
· Winner of the Junior Silver Award at the 2006 Taoli Cup Dance Competition, China